If you would like to send me a comment or request an interview, please do so here. This form goes to my wonderful assistant Laura, who is able to respond much more quickly to email than I can.
If you have a question on the science – like, how do we know carbon dioxide is a heat-trapping gas? isn’t this warming just a natural cycle? or aren’t there more polar bears today than fifty years ago? – we’ve collected all our most frequently asked questions, and turned them into super-short Global Weirding episodes. If we haven’t gotten to your question yet, please review Skeptical Science’s helpful answers, to see if they’ve already tackled it. They do a great job.
If you’re wondering whether I’ll be speaking anywhere near you soon, my upcoming trips include:
- University of Wisconsin at Eau Claire and Madison WI, April 10-11
- University of Oklahoma in Norman and Oral Roberts University in Tulsa OK, April 16-17
- EarthX, the largest Earth Day Festival in North America, in Dallas TX, April 26-27
- Cambridge University, the Grantham Institute at the London School of Economics, and the University of Bristol, UK, May 15-17
- Citizen’s Climate Lobby and the Nature Conservancy in Washington DC, June 10-11
- The Meeting House and Victoria College in Toronto ON, July 28 and Sept 3
- Many, many universities and churches in Fairbanks, Anchorage and Juneau AK, Sept 8-14
- Geological Society of America’s annual meeting in Phoenix AZ, Sept 24
- Lanier Theological Library Lecture Series in Houston TX, Sept 28
- Various events around Iowa, Oct 24-26
- Seminars and talks at UC Berkeley, UC Davis and Stanford in California, Nov 6-8
- Universities of St. Andrews, Edinburgh and Leeds, UK, Mar 16-20, 2020
We’re in the beginning stages of planning trips to Alabama, Atlanta and southern Virginia and open to more events to add there. As soon as events are finalized, I post them as events on my Facebook page. Also, many of my public talks are live-streamed so even if you’re not in these locations, please check for more information as there is a good chance you’ll be able to watch them from wherever you are.
If you aren’t in any of these locations, I’m always open to suggestions. Because my air travel is the largest part of my carbon footprint, though, I usually schedule multiple events in the same location – anywhere from three or four to my record of 25 in one week! This takes a lot of coordination, so we generally collect invitations and book 12-18 months in advance. However, I’m happy to do a carbon-neutral video presentation on shorter notice and am much more available for those. So even if you haven’t done one before, please consider giving it a try!